- Dibrugarh University
- Directorate of Higher Education, Assam
- Assam College Principals' Council
- Assam College Teachers' Council
- Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
- Government of Assam
Programmes Offered : The College imparts :
- Six Semester degree course in Arts under Dibrugarh University.
- Three year degree course in Arts in Distance mode under Dibrugarh University.
- Two year Higher Secondary Course under Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
Medium of Instruction :
The medium of instruction is Assamese but a student, if he / she desires, may also receive necessary instruction in English and may answer in English in any examination.
The medium of instruction for major programme would be both English and Assamese.
Higher Secondary Courses Details :
- Higher Secondary (2-year course) in Arts: (Seat Limit - 300 only)
- Higher Secondary (2-Year Course) in Science: (Seat Limit - 30 only)
(Examination is held at the end of each year. To enroll oneself in the 2nd year one must get passed in the 1st year examination)
Subject Details :
a. Compulsory Subjects: (i) English (ii) M.I.L. (Assamese) or Alternative English
b. Elective Subjects (any three/four): (Arts)
(i) Economics (ii) Education (iii) History (iv) Logic and Philosophy (v) Political Science (vi) Sociology (vii) Mathematics (viii) Geography
a. Elective Subjects (Any Three/Four):
i) Physics (ii) Chemistry (iii) Mathematics (iv) Biology (v) Economics
(vi) Statistics (vii)Geography
b. Compulsory Subjects:
i) English (ii) MIL (Assamese/Alt. English)
Six Semester Degree Programme (SSDP) in Arts: (Seat Limit - 300 only)
With the introduction of the Semester System, the undergraduate programme formerly known as Three Year Degree Course has come to be known as Six Semester Degree Programme (SSDP). The course is now equally distributed in six semester a semester means a period of six months).
a. Compulsory Subjects in the 1st & 2nd Semesters:
(i) English (ii) M.I.L. (Assamese) or Alt English I
b. Compulsory Subjects in the 3rd Semester
(i) English (General Programme)
(ii) Computer Skill or Communicative Skill
c. Compulsory Subjects in the 4th Semester
(i) MIL (General Programme) (ii) Environmental Studies (iii) Multy-Disciplinary Course
d. Compulsory Subjects in the 5th & the 6th Semesters:
(i) Skill Based (General Programme)
e. Elective Subjects: For General Programme Non-Major) any two of the following subjects:
(i) Economics (ii) History (iii) Political Science , (iv) Education (v) Philosophy (vi) Sociology.
- A student offering Major in any subject will have to choose another subject as Non-Major Subject besides the compulsory ones.
- While filling-in the admission form, one seeking admission in SSDP 1st Semester must mention all the subjects in order of preference for both Major and Non-Major courses. In all the elective subjects there will be a limit of 80 seats only. Hence, if a student fails to get admission in the subject of his/her first choice, he / she will have to go for his / her next choice. Each department has its own procedure arc norms for admission to Major courses.
Programme Registration :
- Students will have to fill the registrations form at the time of admission clearly mentioning their course/subject combinations
- In no circumstances, change of subject combination and switching from Major Programme to General Programme and vice- versa shall be allowed.
Attendance: A) Degree Student: Under Semester System
100% attendance in class is compulsory. Students having less than 80% attendance will not be allowed to appear in the End Semester (Final) Examination.
Higher Secondary Student:
75% attendance in class is compulsory for all students, falling short of which will make a student non-collegiate. Students having attendance below 50% will be treated as discollegiate. The non-collegiate students will be fined at the time of filling in the Examination form as per University and Council rules, while the discollegiates will not be allowed to go for the Examination.